JOB TITLE: Accounting Assistant
REPORTS TO: Regina Brown
DEPARTMENT: Accounting/Administrative Support Team
SUMMARY: Performs a wide range of accounting and administrative duties to support the accounting department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- • Verifies information and maintains accounts receivable reports including but not limited to monthly sales, open invoices, and aging reports.
- • Receives checks and prepares deposit slips; verifies remittances against business accounts; deposit checks daily.
- • Ensures timely and accurate processing of accounts payable; receives, verifies, and posts accounts payable invoices into accounting system.
- • Interacts with vendors and department managers when processing a resolution of account discrepancies.
- • Receives and reviews check requests, and/or other related documentation for completeness and compliance with financial policies, procedures, and contractual requirements.
- • Follows up on account statements and other discrepancies regarding payment of accounts; serves as liaison between departments and vendors in the resolution of administrative problems and inquiries.
- • Maintains accounting department files and records.
- • Enters information into accounting data entry system.
- • Answers, screens, and directs incoming telephone calls.
- • Sorts and distributes internal and external mail.
- • Performs general clerical duties including but not limited to filing, photocopying, faxing, typing, and mailing.
- • Assists with special accounting projects as needed.
- • Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- • A minimum of two years from college or technical school, or two years related experience in accounting.
- • Accurately keystroke a minimum of 50 wpm.
- • Demonstrated ability to calculate figures and amounts.
- • Proficient on Microsoft Products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- • Experience in Applied Epic is a plus.
- • Acute attention to detail.
- • Strong organizational skills.
- • Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- • Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- • Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- • Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- • Problem Solving--Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- • Oral Communication--Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- • Organizational Support--Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- • Planning/Organizing--Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- • Professionalism--Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- • Quality--Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- • Attendance/Punctuality--Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- • Dependability--Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- • Initiative--Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- • Occasionally required to stand
- • Occasionally required to walk
- • Continually required to sit
- • Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- • Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- • Continually required to talk or hear
- • Occasionally utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read
technical information, and/or use a keyboard
- • Occasionally required to lift/push/carry items less than 25 pounds/ up to 25 pounds/ up to 50 pounds/ more than 50 pounds
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.