JOB TITLE: Customer Service Representative (CSR)
REPORTS TO: Client Manager/Producer
SUMMARY: The CSR will assist the Client Manager in serving a book of business that has been assigned to the Client Manager, including renewals and new business. The CSR will engage in regular and ongoing training and development opportunities provided by CIA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Set up new clients and prospects in Epic Account Management System
- Complete applications, rate and quote risks for new and renewal business (small business accounts that can be rated up on carrier websites) as directed by the Client Manager
- Start proposals for review and completion by Client Manager/Producer, then set-up notebooks or folders for delivery to client/prospect
- Generate Certificates of Insurance
- Generate Auto ID cards
- Process miscellaneous changes, endorsements and cancellations (including invoicing)
- Maintain and update any and all location, property, vehicle and equipment spreadsheets used by the Client Manager
- Perform follow-ups on open activities for items not received
- Pre-check policies and endorsements
- Set-up notebooks for policy delivery
- 120 days prior to renewal, prepare accounts for review, including creating future applications, ordering loss runs, and loss summaries as directed by Client Manager
- Scan documents for Client Manager
- Perform other functions as directed by Client Manager
- Attend and participate in classes or webinars (Insurance, Rating, Computer) for consideration for further advancement
- One to two years related experience or equivalent
- Ability and commitment to obtaining P&C license within first 3 months
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Commitment to continual job-related learning and professional development, including knowledge of insurance industry and coverages
- Proficient on Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Strong organizational skills; able to manage multiple priorities and workflow
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds
- Keen attention to detail
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Customer Service -- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Written Communication -- Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork -- Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Ethics -- Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support -- Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Professionalism -- Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Dependability -- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Continually required to sit
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Continually required to talk or hear
- Continually utilize visual acuity to read and use a keyboard
- Occasionally required to lift/push/carry items less than 25 pounds
- Standard office environment, typically quiet
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.