JOB TITLE: Human Resources Generalist
Department: Human Resources
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
SUMMARY: The Human Resources Generalist coordinates and supports the Human Resources function, while complying with government regulations and company policies and procedures. Activities may include, but are not limited to, recruitment, on-boarding, training, benefits, compliance, employee relations, and performance management.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To perform this job, an individual must perform each essential function satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- • Ensure Human Resources policies and procedures are consistently administered both in the department and
- • Administer, coordinate and facilitate recruitment and on-boarding activities; advocating company culture to potential and incoming
- • Maintain all employee and applicant documentation as dictated by governing agencies ensuring compliance with USCIS Form 1-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, Family Med ical Leave Act (FMLA), Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA),
- • Record and manage employee information via payroll system and personnel files includ ing, but not limited to, personal data, compensation, benefits, tax data, attendance, per formance evaluations, termination information,
- • Report, maintain and monitor all workers' compensation case files; follow-up on open cases.
- • Maintain and coordinate employee recognition programs to support company
- • Seek guidance and counsel on sensitive and complex issues including, but not limited to, employee relations, special projects, staff forecasting, identifying workplace trends,
- • Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new leg islation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising manage ment on needed
- • Complete special HR projects by clarifying project objective; setting timetables and sched ules; conducting research; developing and organizing information; fulfilling
- • Regular and reliable attendance.
- • Perform other duties as assigned
- • Position primarily serves internal co-workers.
- • Access to and/or works with sensitive and/or confidential information.
- • Knowledge of Business Office Standards and Recommended Practices.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
- • Bachelor's Degree / Minimum 2 years experience
- • Certifications: HR certification preferred
- • Works in well-lit, ventilated and climate-controlled office environment with routine office equipment; some equipment has moving mechanical parts.
- • Noise level in the work environment is typical for an office and/or hospital environment.
- • Minimal overnight travel (up to 10%) by land and/or air.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.